A craft a day, whats on my mind, randomness description of family, video games, anime, crafting, papercrafting, and playing World of Warcraft.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Coffee Filter Roses


Here's a project recently updated on the always amazing www.craftster.org. SarahJSaturday uploaded a nice tute (tutorial) on how to make these roses out of coffee filters! I love the idea and they look so realistic. Whilst explaining this project to family they asked, "Why not go to the dollar store and buy a silk flower? Its probably cheaper?". Somehow I found it hard to explain that... I love things more when they are hand made. Why would I pay a dollar for a cheap flower made by a 4 year old Asian child, when I can MAKE my own! They are fabulous discussion pieces. "Oh these flowers are nice. Where did you get them." "oh well I MADE THEM MYSELF!" mwuahahaha!

I don't know who would even say that. I don't have guests here much in my tiny attic apartment. =P But I wish good luck to you who want to try it!
Also would like to point out that craftster is an amazing site for those, like me, always looking for the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

commentation. . .